I've been thinking that I'd like to really learn how to knit for a while now, actually about 10 years or so, and I've been collecting knitting needles from thrift stores as I find them and can afford to buy them. I thought I had a good amount of size 6 to 15 and I could use some smaller ones. I found my needles last night and cataloged them with Ravelry's handy charts. It turns out that I have been looking for the wrong size needles for a while now. I have plenty size 1 through 5, and by plenty I mean at least 2 pair of each size. I don't have any of some of the larger sizes though so those are probably what I will obsess over next. I think I should print out Ravelry's handy chart to shove in my purse so that I'll have it the next time I get the urge to buy needles.
My next project is cataloging my crochet hooks, and that will be a project. I'm pretty sure I have them all over the house. I have an entire set (minus 1) of Lee Wards steel hooks and I've picked up a few steel hooks that look quite old just because. For a while I was buying extra medium-sized aluminum hooks to have on hand if someone wanted a lesson or two. Most of my crochet hooks have been gifts or have come from thrift stores over the years so my expenses haven't been too bad. It will be interesting to get them cataloged and find out just how many of each size I have though.
I think I may have an embarrassment of riches.....
No comments:
Post a Comment