Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Dolls, dolls, and more dolls.

I recently learned that Blythe has a head that's similar in size to the American Girl doll and My Friend Mandy. I did a web search for Blythe hats and came up with a few cute ones to make for Kaya and Jenny. The pics are still in the camera though.

A lovely lady named Darlene (Darski on Crochetville) has a Yahoo Group called Duds for Doras where she shares her crochet patterns for a Dora the Explorer doll. I recently bought a Dora at a thrift store so I could have an excuse to make some of Darski's wonderful patterns. I'm not sure what I will do with Dora and her wardrobe when I've finished but for now this is good simple fun and I'm not as frustrated as when I'm trying to design after a long day at work and on the bus. Perhaps the outfits for Dora will inspire me to continue designing for Mandy and Jenny.

I haven't given up on designing a wardrobe for them, it's just on the back burner for now. I did find, and buy, a My Friend Becky doll recently. These dolls were designed to be washed in the washing machine but I don't think Becky has ever had to be washed. Her fabric body is very clean but shows no signs of having been washed. I do need to go over her arms and legs with a wash cloth to get some surface dirt off though and her hair, though clean, could use a bit of a restyle.

No comments: