Friday, February 24, 2012

Hat and Sweater for Kaya

I finally got irritated that I hadn't been crafting and found a pattern to try for Kaya, my American Girl doll. It's a cute crocheted hat and cardigan to make with self-striping yarn. I started the cardigan and could not for the life of me figure out how to make it go together right.

I frogged it and decided to start the hat so I could see how the stitch pattern worked up and maybe fix what is wrong with the cardigan pattern. The hat is really cute and in scale to the doll. I did have to add two rows of double crochet to the hat though because I always make my double crochet stitches too short.

Now I'm back to the cardigan pattern and have found and fixed one mistake, that one may have just been a typo. There is at least one more mistake in the pattern and I'm working on hunting it down now. When I get it figured out I will send a note to the website where i found it to let them know that I found a mistake and I'll give them my notes on how I fixed it.

I'll post pictures when I finish the cardigan.

No comments: