Monday, October 10, 2011

Teaching Crochet

My boyfriend wants to put together a Dr. Who (4th Doctor) costume and he asked me in early September if I would crochet or knit the 20 foot scarf that was Tom Baker's trademark when he played the Doctor. I told him that if he wanted it by Halloween this year he'd better do it himself and that I could teach him to crochet. He actually took me up on my offer and now has a scarf that's about 6 feet long and growing rapidly. The colors aren't exact, but I think he bought all of the yarn for it for about $20 or less at a thrift store so he's not too concerned about exactly matching the colors.

Last week he took me to an appointment and was crocheting while sitting in the lobby waiting for me. When I came out there was an elderly lady cooing over his scarf telling him what a lovely job he was doing on it. She raved about the evenness of his stitches too. I guess I've done a decent job teaching him the single crochet stitch. He actually wants to learn more stitches after he's done with this scarf too.

No comments: