I recently went out and bought a Moxie Teenz Bijou doll, she looks a lot like Ellowyne Wilde but is in my price range. I'd read a few posts on a doll forum that stated that she was very similar in body type to the more expensive Ellowyne dolls. Since I have wanted an Ellowyne doll since I first saw them I thought that this might be a good compromise and I could make things for my "maybe someday" Ellowyne.
I searched Ravelry for free patterns and came up with a crocheted string bikini. Luck was on my side and I had just bought two bags of pearl cotton from the thrift store I work at and there was one ball of size 5 that the pattern called for among all of the size 8. The pattern fit just fine but I decided to add another row to the bottom just for a little more modesty. I don't know if it is supposed to be that skimpy on Ellowyne but it was a little too little for Bijou as written and it showed off her painted on panties. The top fit like a dream though! I'm not incredibly fond of the "tie on" aspect so I might try to modify the pattern eventually. For now Bijou has a bikini.
I thought she could use a skirt too so I grabbed a ball of size 8 pearl cotton out of a bag and went to work. I had two days off in a row and have no life, so in the span of two movies I had a cute skirt but I forgot to write down the pattern. I suppose I'll get to it eventually, I think I will be able to remember most of what I did.
I searched the web for more patterns and came up with a site where I could buy patterns. I'm on a pretty strict budget so I just looked. I started noticing that the bodices looked quite a bit alike and the changes were mostly in the skirt, the length of the bodice, and the sleeves. I figured if I could successfully write a bodice pattern then I could make my own wardrobe so I grabbed another ball of size 8 pearl cotton and went to work. The bodice is much harder than the skirt was, but I was expecting that. I've frogged it back to the first row a few times now and I am still working on getting the bust line to look right. I'm close with the last changes I made, but I still need to tweak it a bit. I'll see what I can do with it on my next day off because I can't seem to focus on it after work. It's too bad that I don't get a "weekend" this week too.
No comments:
Post a Comment