Friday, August 03, 2012

Thrift store chenille shrug

A few weeks ago I found a lovely dark blue chenille yarn but there was only one small skein. I immediately "saw" a shrug for Kaya. I thought about trying to find a pattern but then I decided I wanted to create it on my own.
Designing with the chenille was an interesting process because it doesn't frog well. I had to really THINK about how I wanted it to look. This is completely unlike the way I normally go about designing, I usually stitch for a while then frog the part that looks wrong and try again. The shrug isn't perfect, but it's all mine. Of course Murphy's Law states that I find the perfect pattern two days after I finish it, and Murphy is hardly ever wrong around my house. I'll get a picture up just as soon as I take one.

No comments: