I've been obsessed with these MakieLabs 3D printed dolls for a while now. I finally ordered one to reward myself for completing a very difficult task. I bought the female doll and she arrived a few days ago. She's smaller than a Barbie doll but can wear some of Barbie's clothes if they aren't too fitted. Her waist is thicker than a classic Barbie doll's and her breasts are a little smaller. I'm told that Blythe and Barbie patterns should fit her fairly well with minor tweaking. I'm also told that knitted Blythe things will fit without alterations so perhaps it's time to break out my needles and attempt to learn to knit again too.
I'm about a third of the way done with this pattern for her. I'm making a few alterations to it to make it fit a little better. I've added stitches to the front and back pieces of the pattern and I'm thinking that I'm going to need to alter the sleeves just a bit too. I'll add the changes I end up making in my project notes on Ravelry.
I also tried the AG Mini bodice I talked about in my last post on her and it just needs some minor alterations to fit well. Making a "starter bodice" for her has been on my to do list since I ordered her and I'm very glad I don't have to start this one from scratch.
No comments:
Post a Comment