Monday, February 14, 2011

Finally experimenting again and feeling dumb

I found what I think is "punch needle embroidery" yarn at a thrift store a while ago and thought it looked like it was a good size to try using for my dolls. I started a scarf for my 18" Kaya the other day using this yarn and am thinking now that it may be too small to be in scale for the 18" inch dolls. I didn't get much done on the scarf so we'll have to see how "off" it is when I can finish it. My size 4 steel hook seems fine for the scarf but I'm thinking that a size 3 might work better for a garment made with this yarn.

I had tried making a granny square first but I completely forgot how to start the square and I didn't have a book available to me at the time. I tried bobbles for the scarf too but they didn't look right and since I didn't have that book I decided to forgo them for now. I need to remember to add a stitch guide to my traveling craft bag again.

I think that a Granny Square vest would be a cute pattern to put together for a '70's era doll so I may try granny squares again with my tiny yarn once I refresh my memory.

No comments: